The iPhone cannot be used error refers to an error message that occurs when your iPhone cannot boot or be used normally. Users encountering this error often encounter a warning message such as “iPhone Not Available” or “Your iPhone cannot be activated”. In this case, your device loses its normal functionality and becomes unusable.
What Causes iPhone Not Available Error?
iPhone not available error can have multiple causes. Here are some common causes:
- Software Issues: iOS operating system updates or software bugs can prevent your device from starting normally and cause an unusable error.
- Lock Screen Passcode Problems: Incorrect screen passcode entry, a long unused passcode or a forgotten passcode may cause the device to lock and get an unusable error.
- Activation Issues: Problems with the activation server or carrier connection may cause the device not to be activated and you may receive an unavailable error.
- Hardware Issues: Physical damage, water contact, or other hardware failure may prevent iPhone from functioning normally and may result in an unusable error.
What are the Solutions for iPhone Not Available Error?
To resolve iPhone not available error, you can try the following solutions:
- Restart: Try restarting your iPhone. To do this, press and hold your device’s power button and Home button at the same time and wait until the Apple logo appears.
- Resetting Screen Passcode: If you are getting the error “Unable to use” due to an incorrect screen passcode entry, you can connect your device to a computer and try to reset it via iTunes or Finder.
- Update or Restore: You can fix software problems by updating or restoring your device to factory settings via iTunes or the Finder. Make sure you have a backup of your device while doing this.
- Apple Support: If the above methods do not resolve the issue or if hardware malfunction is suspected, contacting Apple Support may be the best option. They can assist you further and provide the necessary repairs.
How to Reset iPhone?
There are ways to reset the device while getting this error, you can try the steps below.
- Try entering your passcode five times from your device’s Lock Screen, the “[Device] Unavailable” screen will be displayed and your device will prompt you to try again later.
- If possible, continue to enter your password until the “Security Lock” screen will be displayed and “Erase: [Device]” appears in the lower corner of the screen.
- On the “iPhone Not Available” screen on the iPhone 14 Pro, tap “Erase: [Device]” and then tap “Erase: [Device]” again to confirm.
- Sign out of your Apple ID from your Device by entering your Apple ID password.
- Tap “Erase: [Device]” to permanently delete all your data and settings.
- When your device restarts, follow the onscreen instructions to set it up again, restore your data and settings from a backup, and set a new password.
iPhone not available error is an issue that prevents users from using their device normally. Trying the solution methods mentioned above may solve the problem. However, in the event of a serious hardware failure, you may need to seek professional help.